You are here
The Digital Business Start-Up Workbook: The Ultimate Step-By-Step Guide to Succeeding Online from Start-Up to Exit (Paperback)
How do I know if my idea will work?
How do I decide on the business model?
How do I find my audience?
Your digital business start-up journey begins here.
From the bestselling author of The Small Business Start-up Workbook, Cheryl Rickman brings you a thoroughly practical guide to starting up a digital business, covering the full journey from idea to exit, with easy-to-implement strategies to make your online venture an ongoing success. With a combination of tips, exercises, checklists, anecdotes, case studies and lessons learned by business leaders, this workbook will guide you through each step of digital business.
Learn how to:
- Assess whether your business idea will work online/digitally
- Choose the right business model for your proposition and avoid wasting time
- Assess demand, viability and uncover untapped needs and gaps in the market
- Build a usable, engaging website and mobile app
- Create a buzz using social networking
- Drive high quality traffic to your site and convert visitors into paying customers
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM) tools effectively
- Raise finance and protect your business
- Build and maintain a strong brand
- Recruit and retain a strong team
- Sell the business or find a suitable successor.
Reviews for the book:
"If you want advice on starting your own internet business, don't ask me, read this book instead. It is more up-to-date and costs far less than a good lunch." Nick Jenkins, Founder of Moonpig.com
"This book excels in providing practical guidance on how to create a successful digital business which exceeds customer expectations and keeps customers happy each step of the way." Scott Weavers-Wright, CEO of Kiddicare.com, and MD of Morrison.com (non-food)
"If you read just one book on digital business, make it this one... It is inspirational, informative and interactive in equal measure. Highly recommended " Rowan Gormley, Founder and CEO of NakedWines.com
"Interspersed with inspiring and useful stories from successful entrepreneurs, this book can help aspiring business owners through a step-by-step process of refining their start-up ideas and building a solid business." Elizabeth Varley, Founder and CEO of TechHub