You are here
What's Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done (Paperback)
By anchoring your understanding of productivity in God's plan, What's Best Next gives you a practical approach for increasing your effectiveness in everything you do.
There are a lot of myths about productivity--what it means to get things done and how to accomplish work that really matters. In our current era of innovation and information overload, it may feel harder than ever to understand the meaning of work or to have a sense of vocation or calling.
So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
Matt Perman has spent his career helping people learn how to do work in a gospel-centered and effective way. What's Best Next explains his approach to unlocking productivity and fulfillment in work by showing how faith relates to work, even in our everyday grind.
What's Best Next is packed with biblical and theological insight and practical counsel that you can put into practice today, such as:
- How to create a mission statement for your life that's actually practicable.
- How to delegate to people in a way that really empowers them.
- How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
- How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
- How to have peace of mind without needing to have everything under control.
- How generosity is actually the key to unlocking productivity.
This expanded edition includes:
- a new chapter on productivity in a fallen world
- a new appendix on being more productive with work that requires creative thinking.
Productivity isn't just about getting more things done. It's about getting the right things done--the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward. You can learn how to do work that matters and how to do it well.